Address: 1801 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Temple University (commonly referred to as Temple) is an American state-related-public doctoral university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1884 by Baptist Minister Russell Conwell.
Temple University offers more than 400 degree programs at 17 schools and colleges and five professional schools, including programs in art, business, communications, education, engineering, liberal arts, music, science, and the health professions. Some of the most popular majors:
- Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Leisure, and Fitness Studies
- Temple University is a large, urban college in Philadelphia
- At Temple, freshmen are not required to live on campus, though most choose to do so. Students have the option to request their desired room assignment through an online system and can search for potential roommates using a matching program available through Facebook.
- There are around 300 student organizations to check out, and Center City Philadelphia, a hub of shopping and city life, is about two miles from campus.
- The school runs a variety of research centers and institutes, including the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Institute, the Center for Sustainable Communities and the Center for Asian Health
- Temple University is ranked #118 in National Universities
- #56 in Top Public Schools
- #48 in Business Programs
- Total students: 39,000
- Undergraduate students: 28,000
- Graduate students: 11,000
The required English Proficiency for non-native speakers is as follows:
- TOEFL: 79
- IELTS: 6.0
- PTE: 53
For certain majors, including those within the Fox School of Business will require a higher level of proficiency, as follows:
- TOEFL: 84
- IELTS: 6.5
- PTE: 56
Those with language test scores below the required level are still encouraged to apply. Students who need further English language instruction may be eligible for Provisional or Conditional admission offers including the Access Temple Program.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition for international students is $26,000 / year
- Living expenses: $11,000 / year
- Total: $37,000 / year