Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Located in a beautiful city of Utah, alongside the magnificent natural scenes, the University of Utah owns a very large, modern and beautiful campus. The U is always named in top 100 reputative universities in the world, and many US academic rankings, awarded for teaching, research, creativity and students supports accomplishments.
Leading programs at the U:
- Video Game Design (#1)
- Architecture (#6)
- Entrepreneurship (#15)
- Chemistry (#32)
- Biomedical Engineering (#38)
- Business (#44)
- Computer Engineering (#49)
- Accounting (#56)
- Computer Science (#60)
- Chemical Engineering (#61)
- Public Affairs (#72)
- Top 100 best universities in the world in 2017 (2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities, shanghairanking.com)
- #1 in Video Game Design (Princeton Review, 2016)
- Top 6 best Undergraduate Architecture based on students evaluation (GraduatePrograms.com, 2015)
- #30 in Undergraduate Nursing (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- #44 in Undergraduate Business (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- #58 in Undergraduate Engineering (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- #54 in Undergraduate Law (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- #60 in Best Computer Science program (The Best Schools, 2016)
- #30 in Best Creativity universities in the world (Reuters, 2019)
- Best university for ambituous businessmen (LendEDU, 2016)
- The U is innovative in technology commercialization (the Milken Institute’s 2017 ranking of Best Universities for Technology Transfer). There have been 1,300 start-ups founded from the U from 2011.
- #15 in Undergraduate Entrepreneurship (Princeton Review, 2018)
- The list of the U’s alumnus includes many talents working in different fields such as John Warnock (Adobe’s co-founder and computer scientist), J. Willard Marriott (founder of Marriott International, Inc.), David Neeleman (Founder of JetBlue Airways), Edwin Catmull (Founder of Pixar). These enterprises have strong relationships with the U and always give priorities for the U’s students for the entry to their workforce.
Facilities andExtracurricular activities
- The U provides students many entertainment, artistic places and activities, such as Natural History Museum of Utah, Kingsbury Hall, Pioneer Theatre, Red Butte Garden, the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
- With U’s Arts Pass, The U’s students can get the tickets for free entry to different art events.
- Tuition: $31,810/year (estimated based on IAP/direct)
- Living costs: From $10,084/year
Scholarships: Up to $8,000/4 years ($2,000/year)